From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wherein they reside

Despite my incessant complaining, I really do appreciate the rain. And for the past few weeks there has been a lot of it to appreciate...But truthfully If we could have the same amount of green without it I wouldn't shed a tear.

DSC_2196
DSC_2166
DSC_2172
DSC_2176
DSC_2193
DSC_2195
DSC_2181
DSC_2187
DSC_2185

Next to white sidewalks, and smooth black asphalt a little baby tree planted dead center in a perfectly trimmed lawn was the extent of "The green" in New Jersey. School was right around the block, as was the neighborhood pool, and everyone within a mile radius knew eachother. Whoever governed the suburbs must have decided that tree's would have just ruined it all. Basically as a kid I had nothing to climb but white picket fences and sidewalk curbs, loads of fun.

I wish I'd lived in Mt.Airy all of my life. I felt like I was nine years old all over again today. For more than an hour homework was brushed to the side and I wandered around taking pictures, thinking about what I could do with the garage roof, picking flowers, and just enjoying the breeze. Things like that can't be done with a friend or a significant other. Nature is admired easily when there's no distractions, no cell phones, no one in your ear about what they want to do, and no restrictions. I wish I had taken a walk now but it looks like it's about to start raining again.

DSC_2213
DSC_2216
DSC_2217

DSC_2220
DSC_2221
DSC_2218

Spring, and what a beautiful tease she is.

.N ari

3 comments:

Shaq said...

The pic of the train tracks is too legit, nicee

Montana said...

i like those kicks

The crevices of the mind said...

thanks