From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Monday, May 4, 2009

Amanda Diva

Last year I went to my first concert ever (courtesy of Mr.Sharif and Ms.Gwaltney). Obviously I was only excited about seeing Lupe and the crew so I wasn't aware that I would have to sit (stand for more than an hour) through the opening acts. One group was called Optimus and they didn't do too much for me. The next opening act was Amanda Diva. Initially I sneared at her name and didn't expect much, but she actually impressed me. I just failed to remember her name up until now. More than a year later, browsing on hypebeast I fell across her again and had the same thought, "Great name.". I than watched the interview, heard the tracks in the background and remembered.

Enjoy.

Amanda Diva x Hypebeast.com Interview from Alex Ciccimarro on Vimeo.



"Essentially it's just a big cock fest. And I don't have one."

.N ari

No comments: