From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Monday, May 4, 2009

"Stuff"

Last night I sat down on the floor of my room and looked around. Besides the thought that I should really clean every once in awhile, the first thing that came into my head was, "Damn. I have a lot of stuff.". I've never really paid much attention because people try to lay a guilt trip on me about it all the time (that's something I will never understand, why anyone who is not financially tied to me would worry about where my money is and is not going). So yesterday was my first time actually realizing it. Unbeknownst to me it seems I have been a collector of the sorts. I have enough wallets, backpacks, t-shirts, hoodie's, crewnecks, sneakers, hats, glasses, carabiners, and random doo-dads to last me three young adult life span's. To add insult to injury I don't end up using much of anything to it's full potential.

Thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that I basically buy whatever I like without regard to how often I may or may not end up using it. My unthoughtfulness has resulted in the variety of objects piling up in my drawers (and ontop),in my closet,and on the floor, I guess. No doubt if were to ever get rid of anything I would just wind up replacing it in the long run. A life threatening issue? Not by far but they have a diagnosis for it regardless..Although I've never really bought into this type of "problem" (haha get it,bought into this type of problem?), Compulsive shopping disorder.


I sat on the floor some more and thought much more seriously about it, "Do I need any of it?",no. "Do I want it?", yes. "Could someone else use these things better than I could?", probably. After going back and forth for a good hour or so..I decided to think about it some more and concluded that some of the "stuff" needs to go. I haven't fully committed to acting on it yet but in the weeks to come I am likely to find that I won't be able to bring everything to college. What will I end up doing? Who knows. Will I buy more stuff? More than likely depending on the hours I'll be working. Does anyone care besides me? Undoubtedly.

.N ari

No comments: