From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Friday, May 29, 2009

Beauty is in the (3rd) Eye of the beholder.

"After a couple days of getting over you, I had a couple flashbacks that made me smile a little. I can't lie, it's not happenning overnight but I'm getting over it faster than I expected.

But yeah, I was on the bus today and I saw this young women with dreads sitting down in the front. She was beautiful; more so than you, even. She was so beautiful that I found myself trying to catch my breath in the most obvious way. Everyone in the back of the bus knew that I knew she was BAD! That was my first thought - "damn, she bad." And I was kinda dissapointed in myself for even thinking like that. Because she wasn't bad. In my eyes, she was beautiful. So I corrected myself. Then, I imagined myself getting off the bus with her to simply say, "You're beautiful," and watch her smile. That's where the flashback came in:

It was a months ago; when we were together. Your friend was doing a survey asking, "When was the last time you told a girl she was beautiful and meant it?" Of course, I was on the phone with you when she called to ask me that very question. I switched over to the other line, and found myself stuck. It had to have been a matter of months since I called a girl beautiful. So to give her a legitament answer, I told your freind to "hold on". I switched over to the other line, and I told you that you were beautiful. Then I switched back to your friend and simply said - "Just Now."

That made me smile a little. Good times.

But there are better times to come. I can see it with my 3rd Eye."

No comments: