From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The future

With the approach of the "One year anniversary" I had to sit and ask myself, "why?". Why bother posting almost daily, why worry about the format, layout, and song. But the most persistent question was, why try to get the name out there? I thought about it on and off for about a week, actually I'm still thinking about it now and the closest thing to an answer that I can find is that, we blog because at least one person is going to read it. And maybe that isn't even it, maybe the reason is far more narcissistic? I won't lie, I like to hear myself speak, and I enjoy reading my own writing. As Maya put it,"The only reason that I have a blog is so that months or years from now I can look back at..". The combination of the three will keep weridesepta running strong for at least another year, or until we run out of thoughts.

Concurrently I almost always feel the need to post past my general thoughts, to the point where I'm sure that some of it is probably perceived as mindless. Other times I don't feel like posting at all, which could be traced to my inherent laziness. Still other times, I'm sure that I take blogging much too seriously, and should take the route as Mr. Samir who (and I say this respectfully) posts few and far between.

Having a blog based loosely on Streetwear, footwear, Music, the daily life of Nya A. Tindal, and the random thoughts of Samir is not broad enough to capture "Philadelphia". At the end of a long, hard, or simple day Septa is filled to the entrance with riders from every end of the spectrum. Whether they are taking the bus because the Benz is in the shop, or because they have no other method of transportation.

Upon sharing my thoughts with Samir, we decided that it would be a great idea to add other contributors. It was important that we actually knew these people well enough to asess their character and in the end we chose contributors who shared the same values, and interests, but diverged enough to create a "reading environment" suitable for everyone in some respect. After a few disagreements and compromises we were able to agree on at least two, the other declined. Nothing has been set in stone but more additions are not likely because there are less than a handful of people that fit the criteria, more importantly, we just don't fuck with everyone.

Ten years from now when I am out in California, and Samir is wherever life takes him I'm sure we'll look back and recognize that all of this was for nothing, or astonishingly for something. As you can see much thought has been put into something that isn't guaranteed to be read, that's the beauty of it I suppose.

We ride septa, bitches.

.N ari

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read ur blog all the time in Advisory n in 5th period..i think its dope..just a bit jealous..u didnt put me in ur artist to look for thingy

lol

The crevices of the mind said...

I wanted to do something different for you,since I know you semi personally.

I will hit you up elsewhere with details, once I have a set plan.

Anonymous said...

awesome i sense u will b up to sumthin cool..i look forward to it