From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Saturday, August 8, 2009

While Riding Septa

I've always wanted to do this. And I'm not really sure what was stopping me before, but here goes nothing.

I've been riding Septa like ALL my life. And, it has never been a surprise to me to see something crazy happen while doing so. So, I bring to you the crazy shit that I see happen while riding Septa.

Here's the day. I went out to center city to go pick up some pants. I ended up getting pants (green coduroys), a jacket, and a hoodie. Then, (nope. Not finished) I bought Maxwell's BLACKsummer'snight, which I am currently listening to as I type this post. I'll elaborate on it later. Oh yeah, and a compilation CD I bought at Urban Outfitters. It has some good music on it on their, and I know this because it contains music that they play in the store throughout the day. Which is always awesome. But yeah, anyway the ride there was cool. Nothing dumb popped off.

THEN, all this pops off.

NOTE: I really wish I could give visual aid for this, but I have no camera.

Picture this:
1. A guy dressed in red gets arrested in the City Hall stop under the sub. He's wearing a red fitted, and red jordans, and a white T. So he looks like a drug dealer from like 2005. But he's yelling hysterics at the police, and he sounded very feminen. I don't think he was a drug dealer.

Okay, so I get off the sub at B&O. I get to ground level and sit down to wait for my bus. I see this girl, she's beautiful, so I stare. (She was almost perfect man, I swear.) So I'm staring at her, and a bus driver walks past me and says, "You see that?". I'm like yeah man, she's gorgeous. Then he turns and points towards the ground in the exact direction I was looking and said, "Naw, that!" I look down.....

2. A homeless lady squats down (like all the way down) and takes a piss; a strong piss. Right in the middle of public! Like people were standing near her and everything...wow.

I'm on the bus now. Everyone's sitting down. Some dude a little older than me is crouching down in his seat. Wonder what he was doing....

3. A guy tries to roll a joint on the bus. Bus driver puts on the air conditioning and ALL of his green goods just disperses all on the floor. Yo, that's a bummer. Straight up.

There will definately be more.

p.s. I just finished listening to the Maxwell drop all the way through Because it's short and I also take a long time to finish things. Like blog posts. But it was a good 1st listen. The compostition of it is amazing! I didn't really listen to the lyrics though. You'll hear what I think of it later.

No comments: