From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Returned

Maybe you were able to guess from my post entitled "The sky is Black" but, I have not been having the greatest Week. And between treating myself to some retail therapy by spending entirely too much money online and going to work to drown my sorrows in quiches and other fine pastries, I generally only listen to music. Unless of course, you count the nightly runs to WAWA and the few people who have been unfortunate enough to have been subjected to my now perpetual frowny face.

All jokes folks, I am fine, I still know how to smile. And most importantly I am not on the verge of suicide or even liquid emotion.

However I was not lying about the music, eating, or spending too much money. While ignoring the rest of the world for the most part I've made myself prisoner to Cd's, and my notebook. Not so much a prisoner as a guest who's overstayed their welcome, though. And while in captivity I was often visited by a lovely English quad, The Kooks.



True I've also been visited by my darker friends, Tupac, Lenny Kravitz, Lupe, The Tribe, Anthony Hamilton, etc, etc. But I must say that I enjoyed these visits the most, cherished them even. They came with musical gifts like, naive, ooh la, and always where I need to be. I never turn down a free gift and I suggest that you don't either. Thanks to such endowments I enjoyed my capivity so to speak. Free to write as much as I pleased and lose myself amongst the heavy lyrics and sounds of the guitar.

..Unfortunately when you are a prisoner by your own request there has to come a time when you are freed by reality. That date has come and I am back, to work on the barbeque, to begin preparation for my departure, to deal with things I'd rather not, and to essentially return to the world of normally functioning beings. Fantastic.

But in the spirit of Re-gifting, this is for you.

ooh la from ESLA on Vimeo.

No comments: