From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dear Virginia

Dear Virginia,

You make me nervous but at the same time I hope that there is a beautiful future ahead of us. So far I can honestly say that I like you a lot although, I don't want to rush into anything. Prior to getting to know you I had thoughts of leaving you and I admit that sometimes I still do. But this past Tuesday you showed me so much love, love that I had only seen once, in my past relationship.

With Philadelphia I didn't ever see the sky at night, there was far too much negative air for any of that. But Monday night you showed me the first stars I had seen in awhile, so I really do think that there is a spark between us. Again, I'm not sure if I wish to get serious just yet. Forgive me if I seem to carry emotional baggage. Leaving something that you've known for so long is hard. You should know that, you've been left before. Wow I didn't mean to come off so abruptly what I meant to say was I know that you've had history with Pharrell, Chris Brown, and Michael Vick but, the fact that they're A-list, while I'm Z-list fails to bother me. I know they drive in them fancy cars..But look, I can ride you on my handle bars. I hope that sounds appealing to you. If it doesn't I can always buy a car a few years up the road, I'm just not ready for one right now. Yes Virginia, I'm a little bit immature.

And I hope that you can learn to love me and everything that I offer. Maybe I'll take pictures of you sometimes, maybe I'll teach your kids how to be sarcastic and to wiggle their ears. You'll have to deal with my bullshit too. I like to wear obnoxious things, colored pants, denim that hasn't been washed in six months, hats with profanity across the side, shirts that make no sense unless you stop and actually think about them, silly accessories. I will probably spoil myself more than I'll spoil you, maybe you can learn to live with it. Maybe you'll grow to love that fact that I put N.E.R.D and Keane on repeat for hours at a time. In return I'll forgive the fact that you won't make me Cheese steaks, or surprise me with an over sized pretzel every now and then.

What do you say? Let's give it the ol' College try!

Hopefully, Nya

P.S. I'll see you in a month, counting down the days!

P.S.S. Here's a reminder of our time together this past week.

No comments: