From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Forty- Nine

I hope this entertains all.

1. My name is Hezekiah O. Adedoyin Jr. Me and my dad share the same name.

2. The "O." stands for Oyekanmi, and I honestly just learned how to spell it on Tuesday whilst filling out a W4 form.

3. I often don't put forth the effort, to life.

4. "Land of milk and honey with the swirls, Where reckless naked girls get necklaces of pearls." I still don't know where the Villain is talking about.

5. Smart Guy is the only reason that I watch BET.

6. I've been to the movies more this summer more than I have been in the last 5 years.

7. Chris Brown should have been on the BET awards as Michael Jackson.

8. A lot of people ask me why I am so nice, and I simply reply "My parents." They are the nicest people I know as much as I would not like to admit it.

9. Whenever I get sad, I go into my closet and listen to The Strokes and Paul Simon

10. I love the sport of basketball, but compared to many others, I do not play as often as should or like to. That has to change.

11. I do not like pictures of myself, except for when I was a baby.

12. There are two pictures in my wallet, one of me as a youngster, the other is of my friend Elizabeth. They are the best pictures.

13. The Best I Ever Had video is better than the Death Of Autotone video. The idea is just better.

14. I have to make a conscience effort to not eat Mcdonalds, Burger King and Wendys.

15. Sadly, I don't really party, in any sense of the term.

16. For about a six month stretch, I didn't like girls, I only liked one.

17. After visiting Chicago, my best friend Quran and I realized that we were "losing."

18. I dislike hearing people use the term "Hypebeast" because 9/10 times, it is just the stove calling the kettle black.

19. Thanks to Anna and John I've been wearing J. Crew a little bit.

20. I miss ERROR PHL a lot.

21. The new show South Central on TVone is so funny. I secretly leave my TV on the channel and hope that it is on whenever I get home

22. Science camp in 8th grade was the best experience of my life.

23. I used to think I had a diverse sense of music, until I realized that outside of rap, I only listen to one artist from each genre pretty much.

24. "If ya baby says no then just throw her out the dooo
And if she still says no then slap that, yo
No need to please her
Dont hesistate to dump the sleeza"
- Cold Dog

25. DIP SET and Milan4calendargirl.com for life.

26. What I really want more than anything is to have a nice relationship. Everything else falls short.

27. I hate that a majority of the youth my age look the same.

28. I caught up with a great friend yesterday, she used to be one of my best friends, we need to be best friends again.

29. I lie a lot about harmless things to show that a lot of people lie about important things.

30. And He Gets The Girl is my favorite Lupe Fiasco song.

31. I am not nearly as happy a person as I used to be.

32. I don't know why either.

33. My idea on fashion changes almost daily, some days I will love sneakers and streetwear, on others, they'll make me sick.

34. Most of the items that I buy are not for myself.

35. I was talking to my homeless friend, turns out that he is getting a job and finally moving off of the streets and into an apartment soon. That's love.

36. I made tons of gel, while "working" during science camp and I still have some left.

37. My glasses are real, sorry to all who thought they were fake.

38. I used to try and make my away messages on AIM relate to my mood.

39. Meeting new people is always a pleasure for me.

40. I am half Nigerian.

41. Paul Simon is the smoothest.

42. I used to think that sneakers would be my top obsession during the high school years, but it was too hard to keep the passion when only three other people that I chilled with cared about the same stuff as me. Philly for the loss.

43. Beanie Sigel is the funniest rapper to me, his abbresiveness is unrivaled. Philly for the win.

44. I listen to playlists on Imeem whenever I lay down. The playlists are mostly either Paul Simon or MF Doom.

45. I said "Yizzerp" for the first time in a while on a boat a few days ago, and Shanika, the waitress, turned back around and asked me if I needed anything. True Story. It was great.

46. Whenever I look at tv shows or movies from the 90's, I look for as many Jordan brand products as I can. I.E. in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the main kid had a Jordan VIII (I'm not 100% sure it was VIII) hat on.

47. Half North Carolinian also.

48. I have reason to believe that we both will be recieved in Graceland.

49. I am a proud, strong Negro American woman. Word to Max Ho.


No comments: