From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

CUDI Get


So I am sure that I may be the last person in the world to actually listen to the infamous Scott Mescudi, and boy have I been missing out. A while's while back, my friend Max was telling me about the musical genius of KiD CuDi, but I just ignored him as usual, even saying that S O U L J A Beezy satisfied me more than that guy who sang the song about Days and Nights. I do not even know why I was completely opposed to him. I guess it is just my nature to try and go against the grain, which is not always necessarily a good thing.

Well about two weeks ago, I realized that my iPod needed a make over. I was tired of listening to the same Cassidy freestyles and Notorious B.I.G. songs (very great lyricist by the way.) My pal Joe Doan was able to help me with giving me 562 songs to listen to, some old and some new, and rarely do I need to skip a song as it is on shuffle. From Blu & Exile to Beanie Sigel, American Terrorist to Doomsday, Cudi to Mos Def, it's all great. I normally don't like saying I have favorite songs because it changes so often, but for now, I can say that I have listened to Cudi Get A LOT in these past few days, real rap.

Lately I have been quite bored in real life and even more on the internet, but the other day I remembered a site that my African American History teacher showed us. Courtesy of hotghettomess.com, enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


1 comment:

Ralpheal said...

duuuude... kid with a gun and beer??? drawlin!