From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Real Talk


Do you think the perfect girl exists for you?

I personally don't think one exists for me.

Over the past couple of years, I've been building this fasaud of what the perfect girl would be in my mind. Many people tell me (and I'm sure a lot of you can relate) that, "Your standards are too high" or that, "You want to much" but why can't I have what I really want? Oh yeah, because apparently, she doesn't exist. Nonetheless, my perfect girl would:

1. First and foremost be smart.

If we cannot hold a conversation, I'm automatically not attracted, despite appearance. I want to be able to talk all day about nothing or just a small part of the day about everything. But at the same time, I don't like it when girls are so smart that they can never learn anything new from you. All im tryna do is have good conversation at the dinner after the movie.

2. Have a nice sense of clothing and fashion.

I tell myself that I don't really care so much about fashion anymore, but clearly I'm just lying to myself as always. More importantly than me looking somewhat presentable with my small pants, unpressed clothes and dirty shoes, is my lady- girl always looking great, to me at least. Clothes never have, and never will define a person, but the way they wear them says a lot about their personality. And honestly, I think girls look their best when they're just "PA", "CA" or "DC" chillin, sweats and a hoody. But dressing up is always nice too.

3. Respect the fact that everyone needs their downtime.

In the past, I could have been accused of being very overbearing, but that's only because I wanted everything to work my way, and quickly. But a while ago, I realized that forcing the matter with girls, or anything in life, never gets the job done correctly. Patience is a virtue, and understanding is a skill. Someone who posses both of those characteristics is special.

4. Have a good sense of humor.

If I can't laugh with her, she's probably not the one. This ties in a lot with conversation but, humor is one thing that is key to me. If you know me very well, or very little for that matter, then you know I laugh pretty much all the time at pretty much everything. If you can give me a hearty laugh, then I probably fucks with you.

5. Be badddddddddd, in every sense of the new-aged term.

Nice skin complexion, nice face, nice hair, nice style, nice smile, nice laugh, nice body. Always getting holla'd at by every guy, but sensible to know that it will never amount to anything more besides sex.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is probably some girl out there like that, but she's probably with some noodly guy, or at least I'll never get her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never going to get the girl? Bullcrapppppp