From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ORCL worldwide

During our Due for Love Charity event (that was a flop to say the least), the ORCL team looked out. Not just because Ralph had given his word but because there was a genuine interest in helping other people. Although I wasn't there I know that we were let down by more than one person who had given their word for that day.

But from what I hear, the ORCL Team came through, put their shit out for sale, stuck around, donated, and helped to make sure that the cause was not completely lost. That is a lot of love from someone(s) who were not obligated to even show up.

Initially I was too embarassed to even speak about the event because I was so dissapointed; my pride aside, it wasn't planned well enough and there weren't enough reliable individuals involved. Still, it was a learning experience for everyone who did show up.

In the future we plan to do another benefit event, but I'd just like the ORCL team to know that what they did was not forgotten, and that it was much appreciated.

Personal connections to the brand aside, they are killing it. The website, photoshoot, blog, and online store is like nothing I could have imagined from an up & coming brand. Frankly if I were another brand I would want to be in collaboration as soon as possible and pay respect where it is due.

Right now ORCL is on a pedestal for a few reasons. Quality product, quality people, and a priority placed in quality period. Take a look around the site and you'll see that not one area has been half-assed. To be perfectly blunt with you, that's brolic as shit.

Helping out local artists & clothing ventures comes second nature for me but I'd like to state clearly that I am not doing this just to help out. I actually believe in the ORCL mission after every impression that they've made. The impression? Not to be confused with ego, or a false sense of importance but, charisma.

Poke around a site, read the blog posts, laugh at the t-shirt descriptions..And you will agree with me, it screams.


Charisma

No comments: