From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P




You Rock My World - Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson was a legend and inspiration. Like a lot of people my age I felt a personal connection to Mr. Jackson. Christmas Mornings were divided between The Christmas Story and that Jackson 5 movie, My Friday nights as a fifth grader with few friends were spent dancing to Michael Jackson's "Past, Present, and Future" album, and singing Pretty young thing while developing film in the dark room was the norm for this year.

Today I really don't care much about what anyone thinks because honestly I'm done arguing with idiots. I realize how uppity that makes me sound but the truth is the truth. When you base your arguments off of that fact that he is the face of the generation but, no one in his generation will be around in the future..Than you are a moron. A moron lacking compassion and any common sense known to man.

For every person who tries to take away from his accomplishments by bringing up recent accusations, there will be countless others who recognize the difference that he made. Pigmentation loss and molestation charges or not. All that I can say about that is..Nothing was ever proved, and people will sell their soul for money. You know this.

There are other things going on in the world and they are equally important (if not more so) but this loss has hit the nerves of my heart. I won't go as far as saying that music has died but, we lost one of her children today. Respect the fact that he lived and died, he was human. Flawed like all of us are, and a sinner like all of us are.

R.I.P Michael Jackson.

No comments: