From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"I'm such a hippie."

I was in FYE on Broad and Chestnut(don't ever shop there) looking for some skull candy headphones and some guy that worked there came up to me asking me if I needed help. I said, "Naaah, I'm just looking." - Now I don't know, maybe it's just me, but isn't that like his cue to leave me alone so I can look?? Anyway, he's just standing there staring at me as if I'm supposed to be leaving this area of cased in headphones that are secured by heavy locks. So, to break the awkwardness, I ask him about the $10 skullcandy jawns. (Apparently, I was trippin', there are no $10 skullcandy's.) Soo, instead the guy tries to sell me some lame ass plastic earbuds for $10 yada yada yada. Of course, I didn't settle for anything less than my precious skullcandy's but then, the guy (the hustler that he is.) says "Don't forget to check out our used stuff, it's all over the store all under $15".

=0

How did he know I was a used CD buyer?!?! I don't know, but he knew somehow. Maybe it was the Fedora. Who knows.

So, I'm snoopin around & I find this Lenny kravitz CD - It's Time For A Love Revolution.

"Ahhh What the Hell, I'll Buy it....", I said.

.



Oh. And I put this CD on hold there by a band called Love. Lol I'm such a Hippie.

But the Lenny Kravitz drop is definately hot. Maybe only to my ears, but hey that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned. It starts out kinda generic, but as soon as track 6 hits, It's Curtains! And all his Guitar Solo's are baaaddd as shit. (And that's bad meaning Good, y'all.)

It's funny though, just last year I was clowning this guy cause he thinks Tyga is that shit. And in response he said to me, "Nigga, And what you listen too? Lenny Kravitz??" Lol, On some real I didn't know how to respond to that, because I never knew what Lenny Kravitz sounded like. And when I did here a song by him, I had NO idea it was Lenny Kravitz. But, yeah boul I DO like Lenny Kravitz. And if I ever...I mean EVER had to choose between "I Love The Rain" and "Coconut Juice".....man, basically;

NO LIME, NO COCONUTS, buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaa.
did u not know?? Lenny is the man!!