From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Senioritis

Concentration is becoming hard to perceive.The birds are chirping, sun roofs are down, there's no need for heavy coats, scarves, or gloves, rita's has been availible for about a month, the Ice cream truck plays it tune up and down every block, sunglasses are officially appropriate, shorts won't make you look like you can't afford full length pants, and the wind blows all of this in through the classroom windows.

Spring is just a teaser of summer,with a little bit more wind and minus any of the freedom. And here I am (not literally,but figurativly...and indefinitely tomorrow), stuck at a desk regurgitating whatever has been fed to me from the "Promethean board". At this point I am convinced that none of it really matters, and that the "Smart board" is not as Smart as they make it seem. If the so called Promethean Board was really worth $1,795 than why waste them in classrooms where they're used as projectors and chalkboards, instead of taking them to classrooms where they will be utilized to the fullest extent?

At Eighteen and some months my attention span is that of a Kindergardner's during show and tell, and the difficulty is astounding because I am not provided with naptime, a snack, or a story. The only thing keeping me within the yellow painted concrete walls of my "Dear alma mater" is the promise of a diploma at the end of it all. With less than three months left in school, time has obviously decided to take a break and leave me to pine for the day that I inescapably graduate.

I don't want to learn anymore,I want to sleep. I don't want to talk about The Canterbury tales, I want to sit in the sun and read the backs of shirts. I don't care about textbook fee's, I want to sit in the house and plan a beach trip over the phone.

I went to the Doctor's office yesterday for a routine checkup.On paper I am perfectly fine.Nevertheless I am suffering from a severe case of Senioritis.

.N ari

If you are not or have not ever been a Senior than you cannot possibly understand this sickness,at all.

No comments: