From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Response to Note that I am posting this at 7:39

This is a post from my buddy Trent "fossu.blogspot.com", that I really really really disagree with.

"

Because i haven't been posting at all lately. So, i guess you can say i am trying to show a little dedication here.

Now the reason that I am posting a blog first thing in the morning - AT SCHOOL, is because this is a complete urgent topic to discuss.

Before I let it all out, I just want to say to anyone that might find offense to this that this is not at all personal.

Here it is:
The reason that I am posting this in school is because I walked in the building, and saw like a group of three freinds all coming to school together wearing the same jacket. If you want to be deemed an original being by the slightest, then I advise you to SELL THIS JACKET!!
I REPEAT - ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE CONSIDERED AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A CLONE MUST SELL THIS JACKET NOW!
Because i bet YOU have the same exact jacket.


As a matter of fact, don't sell it. 'Cause then other people will then have access to it. Just lock it away in storage somewhere and never wear it AGAIN.
PLEASE!!!!! "

_____________________________________________________________________________________

..No disrespect to Trent.But FUCK that,I'm shaking my head in laughter. Seriously, everything has been done before,in excess. If one really didn't want to be a clone, than they would stop wearing converse. Look around, you'll see more converse adorned than you ever will "Northface denalis".

Speaking from personal experience, my northface is fucking warm and functional. The three kids that Mr.Dunlap happened to see either A.Have good taste in jackets B.Have their mothers (who have good taste in jackets) buy their clothes or C. Do copy off of eachother. In any case, orignality branches out further than clothing...But who's to say what's original and what is not?

So,I repeat,fuck that..I might just wear my north face tomorrow.

.N ari

No comments: