From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Monday, March 23, 2009

A "mellow" reflection on things

I was reading an article the other day on Journalist's and how their opinions (and/ or reflections) always seem to come off as the only opinion (reflection) to have...I took a look back at my posts and it seems as if that is the case for almost everything I've written, which is mildly entertaining I guess. So, to add to the entertainment I'm going to try the mellowed out approach. I'll warn you beforehand that this will probably suck, and bore you out of your mind. Since it will most likely be nothing but my personal life which is characterized by me not being so mellow.

Let's see how this turns out?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I really wish that I had my camera cord.Over the past few weeks I've taken some amazing pictures which will probably end up being compiled into one post. I have a bunch of things to post to lookbook, every morning I take a picture of what I'm wearing.That's probably really weird too..
It amazes me that I take more shots on my freetime than in my photography class. Ironic? I think so. I also think that more time is spent writing papers and being lectured than learning about much of anything. Just my two cents.

The sneaker that I've wanted since the 8th grade came on Saturday, which is fantastic and probably the best aspect of my weekend. I won't spoil the surprise so you'll have to wait for me to retrieve my camera cord. My lego heart came on Thursday and I figure that if I wear it everyday I'll feel a little less foolish for spending so much on it.

As Vice President of the Philadelphia Chapter of Jack and Jill, I am obligated to tell you that our party is going to be a huge success and that you should really come through. If I weren't vp I'd tell you the same thing, it's a fantasic cause and nothing is in the way of it being a great party. We've sold a lot of tickets already, Lee G is djing, and that's all I have to say.

Friday Samir and I went to the Montgomery chapter's fundraiser party, Saturday I went to a sweet sixteen for a girl in my chapter.I won't say much about them because I'm biased.Partying really isn't my thing anyway, I guess I'm more of the pull them ho's from the side type (lol,it was getting a little bit too mellow) so I wasn't thrilled about going to two parties in one weekend. It looks like they raised a lot of money though (which is excellent), and the birthday girl was happy. So I'm happy.

Sunday I woke up and went to church at 6:45. I think that I was probably asleep up until the sermon. Which was amazing because it correlated perfectly with a situation that I was forced intO later that day. Basically the sermons message was,"Flaws are the easiest to see in someone else". That was my interpretation of it anyway. God works in mysterious ways.If I hadn't have gone to church yesterday, and gone through the same "altercation" I might not have stepped out of it, taken an hour or so to think about things, and realized that nothing that was said even matters.Not to me anyway.I don't consider anything ruined or tainted. My Sunday ended up being superb, topped off with grilled mushrooms, rice, and grape kool aid.

On a less mellow note, I will never understand why a teacher with a degree in anything would let her class be taught for Three quarters of the school year, by a student teacher. The word bitch is very appropriate in both cases. And if they both were to spontaneously combust I can't say that I'd be terribly surprised, or the least bit upset.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I can't say that I considered that fun or enlightening.

We ride Septa, not volkswagons.

.N ari

No comments: