From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fame is a drug

All day I've been singing nothing but Michael Jackson,for no reason other than the fact that he has made great music in the past.And it really makes me sick that I can't go a week without hearing a Michael Jackson joke because I honestly don't believe that he did SHIT.This is proof that the media can make and break an artist,some can take the attention and others can't.
I'll flash my poetic license when I say,"honest to god, fame is a drug.".You've got Hollywood selling it's soul for a piece of it. Fame is laced with money, which is what gets celebrities "addicted.".Of course,if I had a job that paid money like "just being famous" does,I would argue that it's "just a living" as well.But we all know that that statement is bullshit. Why? A living is just the necessities, not all of the glamour and glitz that comes with fame.When 90% (not an accurate statistic but you get the idea) of artists "mature",they're actually dumbing themselves down or selling themselves out in order to sell albums,or singles. No one's going to take me seriously when I say this but,that's a lot like somebody sucking dick to feed their habit.Feel me?

.N ari

No comments: