From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Monday, November 15, 2010

Let's not beat around the bush.

This is a poem about weed.

Maria, I can't escape you.
your presence never goes dully noted
Sweet summer Maria, I admit that I am devoted.
to you
and to anything you want to do.

Maria, let's go to the moon
You're the fire, I'm the ice.
I kiss your cheek and you burn my lungs, the way that I inhale you.
Don't wanna lose a trace of you-
to the atmosphere
I want you here,
to hold you dear.
So kiss my mouth,
I'm dreaming south of sanity.

Maria, you're the epitome of love,
immune to ego,
allergic to vanity.
You're what these other girls imitate but cannot be.
Cause I've found that this life is a scorching sun,
but Maria, you're my canopy
Though just your scent is key to the skies,
and so I'm flying handsomely,
or beautifully.
One word from your lips, and everything is new to me.

My eyes are glass, my stare deranged,
but that's just what you do to me.
So do to me what you might,
I won't fight, or bite back-
unless you'd like that.

Maria, I think it's time that-
we start moving just a little bit faster
ignore the storms that might ensue,
and just enjoy me and you.
Truth, sometimes it feels like we're the only ones really alive
As if you sensed the warmth in my eyes and went deeper inside,
to where my heart resides.

Maria, Maria,
Sweet Summer Maria.
The night is young,
so let me light you up.

No comments: