From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Saturday, November 28, 2009

9. Siddartha.


Siddartha is a great book. It taught me a lot about time, and how it should be spent. We all live so worried because time is running short, running out, and yet it is running non-stop. And no one seems to notice that time is simply running us.


"The concept of time is embedded in me. I can turn off all my clocks and alter my own wristwatch to run backwards (r.i.p. grandpop ike!), but when it's all said and done, my obligation to cope with society (and not be considered a mad man) requires me to cope with the illusion of time.
All my life, I have known time to be everything. Time is money, money is resource. Time is numbered because "life's shorrt". Some have more time than others. Therefor, time is of value; all of this is true. Time is one thing that binds us all together into what we call...socity. It's something that we all know, but take for granted because the concept of time is embedded in all of us. It is society's heartbeat that circulates substance into us all collectively by the second. We need time as a whole, but between you and I, it is only an illusion. It is not a factor. It does not exist. Between you and I, there is only right now. Not the hint of our tomorrows, nor the shadows of the past...only now."


R.I.P. Grandpop

-peeeeeeaaaaace

No comments: