From the heart

Four black teens in Philadelphia with nothing other than weekly tranpasses and opinions. Still, the criticism and general interpretation seem to change from day to day regardless of aforementioned teens consistency.

Whatever. We're not doing anyone some terrible injustice, and we don't claim to be changing the world or enlightening the folk beyond belief or recognition. Credences, food for thought, images, a few laughs here and there, and opinions are all that we can offer you. Whether you choose to accept or decline, you are here, as are we, daily.

To face the rain or sunshine, parade or riot, cookout or Saturday detention..We ride Septa.

- Til' the very end, Nya Ari, Samir S, Trent XIII, and Hez

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dru Chris: Artist and repertoire

It's always nice to see someone you know making progress anywhere. So with that, I introduce to you, Dru Chris. Formally known as Dru Christie, the funny fly kid in my Chemistry, and Physical education class who also rode my bus. This takes "I never knew" to an entirely new plane because I'd always known him as a chill hip hop head, but I'd never have taken him for a rapper. Which affirms my belief that you can do great things in life while riding SEPTA, and not necessarily being a genius in the field of science, no offense Dru.

Currently a student at Howard, an intern at Stussy DC, and an employee at The Commonwealth of DC? I think it's safe to say that he's on top of his game. And with success normally comes ego or a new holly wood type of attitude but, Dru remains cool as shit if you'll pardon my french. It's just too bad I can't say the same for some people, who make a little bit of headway and have head expansion from there.

Basically I'm happy for Dru, glad to claim him as a Philly bul, Central alum , friend, and wish him nothing but fruition in the future.

M&N introduces Dru Chris from M&N Eminent on Vimeo.

No comments: